Saturday, January 07, 2006

Photoshop as Healing

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Over the holidays, I acquired an incredible sore throat and cough that left me wanting to do very little except play with art materials, photoshop, and memories of world travel from once upon a time.

So here's a series of altered postcards from places I have been. The first is Japan. Spot the foreign intruder?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Egypt! Got to love those grumpy camels.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Our favorite mode of travel, the P&O lines. And when that wasn't available, a tricycle would do.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Korea.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Another Korean Postcard.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This one was fun, an old Japanese Postcard.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
OK, this isn't a postcard, but I liked their umbrellas. It's one of Dodgeson's photo's of Alice Liddell and her sister. This may count for travel as I spent a lot of time with Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.

Maybe I'll post art journal pages later!

Happy 2006!!!

4 comments:

Kathleen Marie said...

These are wonderful postcards. I am so glad I found your art and puppet making blog. It will be a treat to visit often.

Anonymous said...

I love this! Postcards! ARe you a deltiologist, too?

danny

Anonymous said...

In the Eyes of a Child, It's Never Too Late to Begin Again

an Internet poem for the world

http://ccca.nctu.edu.tw/~hlb/poem/EyesOfAChild/ [Chinese/English bilingual link, free!]

http://www.naturalchild.org/gallery/eyes_of_a_child/index.html [ORDER BOOK LINK, $$$]

http://www.dobhran.com/greetings/GRchildseyes.htm [FLASH MUSIC link]

Lani said...

No, Danny, not an indiscriminate deitologist, I only like the old stuff and mostly old asian stuff of where I've been!
With old stamps and postmarks. And old writing... old stories.

Lani