Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Puppetmaker's Art Journal Pages

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Playing with "Fruits" image by Shoichi Aoki from my morning pages.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"I am for those tine invisible loving humamn forces that work from individual to individual..." -William James

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Create Heart Treasure Every Day.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Some Journaling questions.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Don't ask "am I doing it right" but rather "am I doing it?"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It's good to be going home.

"Fear less, cherish more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, listen more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours." (Swedish Proverb)

Inspired by Danny Gregory's new book, The Creative License: Giving Yourself Permission to Be the Artist Your Truly Are (which you can read about here.) and his yahoo group ( a very lively group, whew) I've been working in my own little art journals, one that came back to me after a wild trip all over the continent, and one that's just my regular "morning pages". Examples of both seen above.


For some beautiful journals and book bindings, check outthis blog.

For some inspiring results of a mail art "contest"see:
Danny Gregory's website.

3 comments:

Lin said...

Your sketches and collages are pretty inspirating socklessness yourself!!!! BRAVA!

Misa said...

How beautiful! I especially like the top one (though, because I've got bad-ish eyes, I can't see the left side). Everything you said is so true.

Lauralyn said...

I like your art journal pages. I also like the altered childhood images you have done, especially the one of you walking down the street with the wings........