Saturday, February 11, 2006

Looking for love notes

Image hosting by Photobucket

So I got up this morning and the first thing I thought of was, "what secret love note from the universe will I find?" And here's what I found in the kitchen window, these beautiful lacey ice crystals.

Then after the morning walk with the dogs (such fun!!!) I got on the computer to do my emails where I discovered NPR's This I believe... Oh my word! A treasure trove of simple, good thoughts, amazing and sweet, heart felt ideas, kind, inspiring...
There is a list of essays here and there are down loads for educators of all kinds here.

I'll include two quotes here:

from Mel Rusnov's The Artistry in Hidden Talents
" I believe in cultivating hidden talents...
...I believe we are more than the inhabitants of our cubicles, more than engineers or even parents, husbands and wives. I believe we are transformed and connected by the power and beauty of our creativity."

Isn't that beautiful? Mel cultivated her own hidden talents, and she looks for this power and beauty it in others, and guess what? She finds it!


from Rick Moody's The Joy and Enthusiasm of Reading
I believe there is not now and never will be an authority who can tell me how to interpret, how to read, how to find the pearl of literary meaning in all cases. Nietzsche says, "Supposing truth is a woman – what then?" Supposing the truth is not hard, fast, masculine, simple, direct? You could spend a lifetime thinking about this sentence, and making it your own. In just this way, I believe in the freedom to see literature, history, truth, unfolding ahead of me like a book whose spine has just now been cracked.

Isn't this just the best? Whew, it takes my breath away.

So have you found any love notes from the universe?

Here's another:
"No kind action ever stops with itself. One kind action
leads to another. Good example is followed. A single act
of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the
roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that
kindness does to others is that it makes them kind
themselves."
-- Amelia Earhart, female aviator

No comments: