Saturday, August 12, 2006

Giving the Bergamasco Boys a vacation

Give your dog a vacation! Collage by Lani & image from PaperWhimsy

Here's a great idea. Give your dog a vacation. We took the boys on vacation to Cape Breton where we introduced them to a whole new set of pleasures and joys. At some point we began to realize it was their vacation and we were having a great time watching them discover all this new stuff. Things we now know Bergamascos love:
Long stretches of beach to walk, run, and wrestle on.
Making friends with Mary Douglas and her family.
Playing fetch with drift wood.
Playing with waves.
Herding Mary Doulas's neices and nephews by letting them think that they are bossing you around. (This was very funny to watch. Normally these are the most stubborn of dogs. Suddenly they were cooperating with kids like nothing I'd ever seen before.)
Bull Moose.
Waterfalls.
The scent of cows.
The scent of cow pats deeply embedded in Bergamasco dreadlocks. I am so sorry I was too mad to take a picture of this. I really should have. It was a once-in-a-lifetime (I hope), extremely funny sight. Sigh. Once again it is proven to me that negative emotion really doesn't give you much clarity of thought.
The scent of fish.
And then the scent of home and their own little cats, Felix and Maus.

1 comment:

Sandrine said...

Lani, I was browsing your blog and just wanted to tell you that I really like your collages! they look amazing.