Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Heading down to NOLA



My bags are packed full of puppets, dolls, books and zines.

Hope to learn lots at the American Art Therapy Conference in New Orleans. The topic of the conference is "rebuilding community." A person might drown in the tears of such a topic in such a location.

I'll be teaching a full day course on puppet making, running a supervision class on puppetry with Matthew Bernier and giving a paper on the work I did with Susan Anand this past summer, on the Gulf Coast. I only hope I can communicate the delight and joy that work brought to me, the wonderful experience of making new friends, and the amazing fortitude that is asked of people on the coast!

I'll be back soon.

1 comment:

jaihn said...

Have a great time with it all, Lani.
Such great work.
xxx