Monday, January 22, 2007

Having enough to go around!




I just got this quote from my friend, Elizabeth Adams, in Ontario. The quote is so true and I think it's true for inspiration, happiness, joy, in fact all those lovely non-material things that feed us so much.

Thank you Elizabeth. You are right, we do have enough to go around!

In the physical and economic world, if I give you something, then I no longer have it. Wisdom and love behave altogether differently: if I give you my love or wisdom, both of us can have it. And even more remarkable, you may pass it on and not only still retain it, but it will grow with each transaction. The more we give away, the more there is and the more we have. Another remarkable quality is that if I give you my wisdom and it rings true in you, what I gave you was really already in you, and you recognized it as your own. The more we bring our wisdom into the world, the more wisdom there will be, and easier it will be for other women to find it in themselves.
Bolen, J.S. (2001), Goddesses in Older Women, Quill, N.Y.


PS - Another friend, Cyn Richardson, ran a very successful workshop on "Small Art" at her local library. They worked on Altered books, ATCs and other small collages.
There was a kid's session in the morning which went great, and an adult/teen session in the afternoon, which also went great! These folks had no idea this stuff was out there! The little kids were asking me when the next class would be--they want more! The adults were amazed and amazing in their own creativity and we're going to form a club to explore more as a group.


Read about it here.

No comments: