Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Joys of Guerilla Art


So I've continued playing with my photoshop stuff, and I'm thinking of guerilla art of the bookmark genre. Keri Smith has a lovely description of guerilla art here and she talks about it in the current issue of Somerset Studio.
Guerilla art is a fun and insidious way of sharing your vision with the world. It is a method of art making which entails leaving anonymous art pieces in public places. It can be done for a variety of reasons, to make a statement, to share your ideas, to send out good karma, or just for fun. My current fascination with it stems from a belief in the importance of making art without attachment to the outcome. To do something that has nothing to do with making money, or listening to the ego.
So I'm thinking of scattering my photoshop fun images in the form of bookmarks hidden away in library books, bookstores, and in cafes. I think I'll leave a secret web address on the back.

No comments: