Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Between cod pieces and clean-up...


Collage by Lani.
So I've been a little quiet here between the clean up after the non-hurricane Noel, the Prospect Players new production, Death in Character, and my little ebay adventures in greed and covetousness. The Prospect Players are working on a little comedic mystery involving a theatrical troupe. The biggest challenges for me (so far) were creating my lovely Henry the V codpieces. Wikipedia defines codpiece this way (thank you jaihn): A codpiece (Middle English codpece = cod 'bag, scrotum' + pece 'piece') is a flap or pouch that attaches to the front of the crotch of men's trousers to provide a covering for the genitals. It was held closed by string ties, buttons, or other methods. It was an important item of European clothing in the 15th and 16th centuries. Nice, eh? So first I tried a soft, plush bag/pouch thing.

But Henry the V was a pretty waring kind of guy, more likely to have a metallic covering. So here's codpiece 2. Then there was ebay. Whew. I fell in love with a little Burmese puppet and learned all about bidding wars and greed. I'm sure it's very bad for the character. Any way this happy little fellow will be popping up in various places, I have no doubt!
Then there's the art work that can be created with some things found on ebay...
Collage by Lani. (What a face, eh?)

5 comments:

Ellen Lyn said...

Love the puppet--I can picture you hunched over the computer, refreshing and refreshing, bidding and bidding....congrats on your latest acquisition!

jaihn said...

Splendid Dragon CodPece!
Squisite Charming Puppet!
xxx

Lani Gerity said...

Oh Ellen, you have no idea! You've coached a monster. I got that little refresh button action down pat, no kidding! It's a crazy wild trip, this ebay thing. Do you remember when I said I didn't really get ebay?
I wonder if there's ebay anonymous? I better go check it out.

Lani Gerity said...

Thank you jaihn, my other ebay coach!

dogfaeriex5 said...

omg! that face will stop some traffic...the worst part about ebay is those last few seconds when it becomes obsessive...\xo