Friday, December 21, 2007

Prospero's Guide to a Happy Life




I hope we are all having fun! I know the season can be difficult for all kinds of reasons, so I like to watch Prospero, one of the Bergamasco Boys. He teaches me so much about living in this moment and having fun every day, even when there are holiday pressures and expectations.

Every morning he gets up and throws him self on the ground, greeting mother earth as best he can. Then we all pile into the car and drive up to the Prospect High Head trail starts. Lately we've had snow and ice on the trail and that adds such delight to Prospero's greeting the ground. He loves to get the sparkles worked right into his dreadlocks. While Bruzzi (the other Bergamasco Boy) worries about whether I brought enough treats and whether the ice might not be too cold for his feet, Prospero races around, grabbing sticks to distract Bruzzi with, always trying to engage him to play and be happy. What a delight! So this is my Holiday Wish for you, that you might find some very simple joys like Prospero's this season and in the new year, and that you might share them with others!

2 comments:

kimberly8@mac.com said...

Thank you Lani for the wonderful reminder! It was all I wanted for my birthday..on the same day, 12/21, the first day of glorious winter! All I wanted and still want, is to enjoy and appreciate those little, but big precious things. Thank you for the heART!!!!

Lani Gerity said...

Thank you Kimberly! And I hope you had a lovely day yesterday!