Thursday, March 06, 2008

For my sisters...


Because we are sad tonight... Remembering our father, Theodore Fonda Cole, 1923-2008.
Thank you, Ellen, for the angel and Lore for this Irish Blessing which I altered slightly:

My wish for us is:
that we might be brave in times of trial,
when others lay crosses upon our shoulders
when mountains must be climbed
and chasms are to be crossed
when hope scarce can shine through
that every gift God gave us
might grow along with us
And let us give the gift of joy
to all who care for us
that we may always have a friend
who is worth that name
whom we can trust
and who helps us in times of sadness
who will defy the storms of daily life at our side
One more wish I have for us:
That in every hour of joy and pain we may feel God close to us.



Sweet dreams, love you all!
Lani

4 comments:

Ellen Lyn said...

Lani,
my heart is with you and your sisters. I hope that you will be sure to lean on each other and cherish the bond that only sisters have. I am sorry for your loss and will be thinking of you in coming days.
love,
Ellen

Lani Gerity said...

Thank you so much Ellen and thank you for letting me play with the angels!

Love,
Lani

adela said...

Holding all of you in the Light, with love.

Lani Gerity said...

Thank you Adela!