Wednesday, April 16, 2008

An idea worth sharing!

Coming down from the trips to Seattle and NYC, and I'm finding Eckhart Tolle & Oprah's class, A New Earth, to be extremely helpful. I'm just loving the inner space and quiet that the class is creating. As I watched last Monday's class later in the week, I kept wondering why I felt dizzy and spacious all at the same time. Then I found this video clip of Jill Bolte sharing her stroke experience and knowledge of brain function from TedTalks which gave me an understanding about how the brain works and why the course is making me feel this spaciousness, inner silence, and how the course helps me be here now. So Eckhart and Oprah, I'm really enjoying your class, and I think Jill Bolte's clip explains how A New Earth is helping me step into the right hemisphere of the brain.



Jill Bolte said
"I picture a world filled with beautiful, peaceful, compassionate, loving people who knew that they could come to this space at any time. And that they could purposely choose to step to the right of their left hemispheres and find this peace. And then I realized what a tremendous gift this experience could be, what a stroke of insight this could be to how we live our lives. And it motivated my to recover."


From the workbook for the class, A New Earth:
This week, make a conscious effort to enjoy simple things, to be alone without filling the space with stimulus or to open your heart to whomever you meet. Be aware of a space opening up in you. Can you describe the subtle feelings that arise?

1 comment:

Clarissa Callesen said...

Re:Jill Bolte What an amazing experience. Thank you for sharing this! Clarissa