Thursday, May 08, 2008

While doing some camera research...

Nice old tintype from Ian Collinson on eBay.

My urge to play got the better of me. What can I say? It's part of my hard wiring I think, or maybe part of my personal philosophy of life, play more often. So wanting to see what my point and shoot digital camera would do with various distortions of light, at least I think that's what it is, I pulled out a bunch of old lenses and pointed at sky mostly, and shot. Then I pointed through bottles and the old sea urchin again. I used what I got doing that as a layer in each of the following, using my old tintype from Ian as a base. What do you think?


Here he is seen through the sea urchin.

And here he is seen through the bottom of a cobalt glass jar.

This one was shot through one of the Bergamasco boy's kong (a chewy dog toy).

This one was was taken through the wrong end of a lens.

And here's my favorite, Mr. Whiskers through the bottom of a purple bottle with deceased flying ants.

Fun, eh?

No comments: