Saturday, July 26, 2008

Create time...

I'm beginning to think that creating time for creative work is life giving, regenerative, and lovely. Just back from a class on soldering with Sally Jean and now I've signed up for a class on digital design from ScrapArtist because if I pay for a class I will create time to do the work. Can't help myself. So I sign up for classes and create time.

Sally Jean was wonderful and you can read all about it on Kim's blog. What a blast. Now promise not to laugh, here's what I created:First attempt with solder and flux. Note to self: practice, practice, practice...

The second one has an interesting effect with beveled glass, causing a double nose and lips. I wonder if it were less centered, it might be less disturbing...
Also the quality of the photographic image of the tintypes is really astonishing if you ignore the beveled glass, scratches, and paint.

This image was created with a scanned old cabinet card, layers, brushes, and watch face element added.

1 comment:

dogfaeriex5 said...

good job on sally jeans class!!!
xox
ps...remember practice makes perfect!lol