Friday, May 01, 2009

Disintegration and Beauty

Well, it's May 1 and the unveiling of our bundles begins! I dug my bundle of papers and books out from under some fairly seriously disintegrating seaweed, but my bundle was still there! This is how it looked when I pulled it out. Quite disgusting. I had to throw a layer of texture and a bit of text to distract the eye a little. But my papers are drying and I'll check on them tomorrow. They may look a bit more appealing then.

Are you wondering what this is all about? Check Seth's blog, The Altered Page, and see what marvels nature does in collaboration with artists! Very exciting!

6 comments:

jaihn said...

What synchro-niceties we share!!! : )

May the drying bring more appealing Things for you to play with!

xxx

rachel whetzel said...

I LOVE it.

Judy said...

Love the grunge - looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
xo

Lani Gerity said...

Thanks y'all!! It had sow bugs on it!!! Yucky. Know what they are? Do a google image search and you will see what I was contending with. Ewww!

Ginny Gaskill said...

Your photography is great. That in itself is worth saving for a background. I like grungy.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I am realizing there are other artists out there taking the time to really see the magic of "what if" process as I study the projects and listen to their poetic responses. Green living for everyone. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen