Wednesday, June 24, 2009

More inspiration from Altered Bits


Here's another collage, and the central image is from a collage sheet from Altered Bits! It was a digital collage sheet and as you can see the quality is excellent (well maybe you can't see it since I altered the image a bit, but it had good resolution to it before I went to work on it). And here's some great news for newcomers to Altered Bits, the owner, Alicia Caudle, has a blog, a "by invitation only" ning group (which just makes me curious, what are they doing in there and can I play?), and an etsy shop. So if you can't find me in the next day or so, I'm probably lost in Altered Bits!

4 comments:

Kerin said...

Hi Lani!!!

Oh wow!!! I adore your blog! I'd like to add a link from my site if that is OK.

I share your wonderment at Altered Bits. Everything Alicia does is so cool and inspiring. And to top that off she is so very sweet and generous too.

I'm very fortunate to be in the aforementioned super secret ning group and it is a great thing indeed! I'd tell you what is going on there but I'm not sure what they'd do to me. : )

Thanks for joining Mixed Media Art ning group and I'll see you there!

Kerin

Lani Gerity said...

Thank you Kerin! Mixed Media Art ning group looks like it will keep me busy! It is gorgeous!!!

alteredbits said...

Ooooh, what a wonderful post! Thank you so very much, Lani!

I must apologize -- I had no idea that you were in the Mixed Media Art ning group. I am there too and will have to come hunt you down (in a nice way, of course).

The super secret invite only ning group is just a tiny group of artists who like to do occasional swaps and group projects and such. Most of us have had bad experiences in the past, like starting books that never returned home after 13 artists did multiple pages in it and other such nightmares. As such, I started a wee trustworthy group where no one has to lose sleep or worry about something ending imperfectly. I will send you an invite momentarily. :)

I'm linking to your blog from mine -- is that okay with you? If not, I'll remove it. ;)

xx
alicia

Seth said...

I think this piece has such a mysterious feel! Wonder what she is thinking!