Monday, June 15, 2009

A question from Patricia Seggebruch's blog.

I was pursuing links on encaustic work and I came across Patricia Seggebruch's book and blog. The book is all about using wax in art (looks wonderful) while the blog is about her love of her ginger headed boys, food, and art. In it was a wonderful question. So here's my attempt to play with this question.
"What is the one thing that always makes you smile?"

So I thought of a short list of things but started to have a little discussion with myself. Chocolate doesn't always make me smile, especially if I'm trying not to eat it. In fact most things that I could think of make me smile most of the time, not all of the time. So it's actually a tough question.


But then I thought, wait a minute, if these things aren't around but I think of them, I can smile. Or sometimes I'm grumpy because they aren't around. Do they make me grumpy?
But the main thing is when I smile, it's coming from me, it's me that's smiling. So it's me that makes me smile more than anything else. In fact I always make me smile. That's a pretty freeing idea!

3 comments:

Seth said...

I think this is the perfect answer to the question. And since you always have you...you can always be smiling! :-)

Dyan said...

Aww, loved this. Happiness comes from your heart.

Kaci Marie said...

What beautiful artwork and a great perspective on what makes you smile. I've seen so many posts with similar topics that I went back to my blog to share my corner of the world that brings me joy! See you in the fish bowl :)