Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How do you wish to stretch?

Collage by Lani (vintage image from Paperwhimsy)
Over on Jamie Ridler's Studio, the wishcasting question is "How do you wish to stretch?" and I'd have to answer that I wish to stretch my heart. Being kind and nice to folks who are kind and nice to me is easy. What I'd like to be able to do more easily is to stretch my heart to include everyone, no matter if they are kindhearted themselves or not. That would be quite a good stretch, I think!

5 comments:

Karen D said...

what lani wishes for herself, so i wish for her also. That is a good wish to open to all without judgement.

Lani Gerity said...

Thank you!
A good wish, but not such an easy one, eh? Your good wish will help!

Bea said...

I wish this wish for you. I wish I could grant this wish for everyone.
Sadly, my wand is plastic with sparkles in it. :)Bea

Jamie Ridler said...

As Lani wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Imagine the world if we all stretch this way :)

Erika C. said...

I wish this wish for you and for me too. At first I thought you had written, "whether they are kind to themselves or not."

That is what I am realizing lately, that I can't be kind to others or let their kindness in if I am not kind to myself and I am guessing it goes the other way around too. But if you model kindness, I think it does make a difference...