Monday, November 02, 2009

Decoration: Offering

Decoration: Offering
So here's Diane Cook's and my response to Susan Tuttle's and Chrysti Hydek's prompt {Echo} Decoration. Diane's is the left side, a picture taken in Santa Fe, N.M. layered with offering candles taken in the Loreto Chapel. Layered with texture from les brumes. Don't you love it?

Mine is Ganesha (on the right) dancing. At first I was stumped with "decoration". My house (like Chrysti's) can be a bit of a disaster, mostly with my little disheveled zoo dominating (2 cats, 2 largish dogs). Not too many froo froo decorations survive here, I can tell you.

But then I thought of the use of decoration in spiritual practices in my Asian background, decoration as offering to the spirits, gods, or that which is greater than us. I looked around my house for that kind of thing and sure enough, larger than life, there's plenty of decoration as offering. So Ganesha dances happily with his flowers and squash.

How would your "decoration: offering" look?

4 comments:

Erika C. said...

Thanks for this and congratulations on your award on the Mixed Media website!

love,
Erika

Lani Gerity said...

Why thank you Erika!

melissadc76 said...

Hi Lani, thanks for stopping by my blog! Your blog is really cool. I love some of the images! Here is the link you wanted: http://labs.wanokoto.jp/olds

Melissa

Lani Gerity said...

Thank you Melissa! I went to the website and tried it and wow, is that cool, or what! I thought I might need to know Japanese but I didn't. Fun!