Saturday, December 19, 2009

Rev O' Lution: Friendship

Collage about friendship and looking within by Lani

Continuing to work on my new year's Rev O' Lution, I play with this idea of friendship. Do we offer friendship to those who are most similar to us, or does offering friendship to others pull down walls of difference? What about those internal walls? Would offering friendship to the parts of ourselves we feel to be unlovable create a greater feeling of integration? Harold Kushner says "When you are kind to others, it not only changes you, it changes the world." And when you are kind to yourself? I imagine that must change everything!

4 comments:

dogfaeriex5 said...

amen....xox

Erika C. said...

Great post. I liked your idea so much and I also went and looked at the post that inspired it, that I wrote a blog post of my own on a similar theme. I can really relate to what you say about friendship, both to the self and others. Something that has been very close to my heart this year.
Thanks and thanks also for all your other inspiring ideas!

love,
Erika

Bill C. said...

Lani, your friendship collage is stunningly beautiful! Such wonderful thoughts about pulling down walls, too.

Lani Gerity said...

Why thanks so much, y'all! I'm having a lot of fun with this "rev o' lutionary" art!!!