Sunday, December 06, 2009

Photoshop surprise and fun!


Diane Cook has posted our collaboration for the Echo prompt "Surprise" from Chrysti and Susan. Diane's shot was taken of a South Texas wildflower, with an added layer of burned texture from les brumes. My image is on the left. It's a combination of two images, one of a puppet-making workshop participant and the other was an attempt to create an interesting layer for texture by shooting towards the light through an antique bottle (which I really like doing!).

"My puppet can sing!"

For major photoshop layers and textures fun, Adela sent me these links! Great stuff here, lots to learn!

http://www.chromasia.com/tutorials/online/wwt1_info.php


http://flypapertextures.blogspot.com/

I've also been enjoying Get Totally Rad's website (although they are pricey, just visting will give you ideas!) and Oscraps Altered Art/Collage items in their shop for digital scrapbookers. You can find some interesting textures, overlays, and actions from digital scrapbooking websites for a lot less money than from photographers. Have fun and let me know what you find!

Surprise!

1 comment:

Patti said...

You, madam, are the photomeister. I haven't attempted any collage yet just digital alteration of a photo. I'm afraid if I get into (trying to:) create art I'll never surface!
Can't believe the bottle idea and how ethereal, magical and delicious it is!