Monday, February 08, 2010

{Echo} Week 7 : Whisper



Here is Diane's and my response to the "echo" prompt from Chrysti and Susan for Week 7. I particularly enjoyed this one. Diane shot this in south Texas during Thanksgiving weekend. She was reminded of "the glory of God revealed to us in the soft whispering flutter of a butterflies wings." It's amazing how something so quiet, small and delicate can put us into such a spacious place!
I took this inukshuk image in Susan's course. There's an ancient wall built with rocks from when white folks just arrived in this part of Nova Scotia. The wall and other ancient remnants of lives long passed are part of our morning walk with the dogs. Someone had taken some smaller loose rocks and built inukshuk or inuksuit (plural) which means "in the likeness of a human" in the Inuit language. The Inuit leave these monuments as a way to say "Someone was here" or "You are on the right path." I love these little figures and often wonder about all the various peoples that have lived on this land.
The walls, rocks, and land whispers to me that "someone was here" and "you are on the right path."

Once I started with the prompt whisper, it was very hard to stop. Here are some other whispers.

Here's one of my puppets, which now lives in Mississippi. I find that my puppets often whisper fun and play if I'm paying attention.


"Whispering 2" with image from josefnovak33 and textures from les brumes.



"Whispering 2" with image from art-e-ology and textures from les brumes.

3 comments:

diane said...

Oh, yes! So right Lani....
Love your other whispers. They are so beautiful. Especially like the three little girls holding hands in the circle~whispers of love & kisses!

Susan Tuttle said...

what a gorgeous collaboration between two lovely ladies:) Thanks for playing along!

Lani Gerity said...

Thank YOU Susan for teaching us! Seriously!!!