Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Another Collage Obsession Challenge!

Elokuva collage by Lani

Here again are my responses to two more collage challenges from Collage Obsession. More fun. The first one is "Challenge #7 - Movies." The challenge image is vintage Brazilian magazine cover of Dorothy Lamour. The challenge is to use the image or express the word "movies" in some way in your collage. So I figured movies for me are a mysterious celluloid world that I fall into, when watching them, to here's Dorothy Lamour, falling into her own mysterious celluloid world. (I've used a couple of humorous elements from Itkupilli's collage sheets.)

The Challenge #1 - "Worn Out" (or "Kulunut" in Finnish) is a beautiful, beat-up photo of Sarah Bernhardt which I love! So I paired it up with the "Stairs" from Challenge #6. I'm "obsessed" with these challenges from Itkupilli and Elegia and I think their collage sheets are fabulous. They encourage of my Collage Obession, that's for sure! And since each challenge comes with a little Finnish lesson, my Finnish is improving challenge by challenge, as well.

Kulunut collage by Lani

9 comments:

Jan said...

I love your sense of humor.....and your digi techniques are splendid!!! Great pieces.

Lori Saul said...

Wow- beautiful collages for these themes- they both invoke a sense of mystery and spirit. Wonderful use of all of the images!

Bill C. said...

I love the lanterns in the first collage! I had been to Collage Obsessions, but after reading your post, I actually went back and grabbed Dorothy's picture so I could have some fun of my own.

Lani Gerity said...

Ho! I actually had you in mind when I was posting these Collage Obsession posts! Glad you found them!

*iTkUpiLLi* said...

I like both of the collages, really skilful work. I love the colorful lanterns.

Thank you for participating. :)

Lani Gerity said...

Thank you so much for creating the challenges!

Elegia said...

I really like your collages. I can see a story in both your images. I also like your a bit melancholy and dream-like spirit, fantastic work :)

Elegia said...

Hey, I forgot to say that you are about to ready write your next posting in Finnish ;D

Have a lovely Sunday!

Lani Gerity said...

Hee hee!

Love your very exciting blogs and all the links!