Thursday, March 04, 2010

Following my own links... and having fun!

Collage by Lani

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is.” ~ Albert Einstein (Now that's a simple idea! And worth a try!)

I've been following my own recent links (LOL) and here's what I found. If you are interested in self publishing hard copy books and zines, Blurb is a good website to look at. You can go on their website and "preview" books, which is really delightful. Take a look for yourself.

Who Am I ? Art and Creative Writing Stories by the 7th Grade Social Studies Class of Whale Branch Middle School, South Carolina. This is such a wonderful example of learning through the arts, it is clear they have an inspired teacher, Tracy Rentz.

Another example is VMZine "Welcome to the Dollhouse," a zine by Cynjon Noah. He's got other Zines as well.

Lulu will do hard copy publishing as well as downloadable books and zines, so I'm partial to the downloadable possibilities. So here's my storefront on Lulu.

Yudu is a bit of a mystery until you look at their video. It seems that they are a free epublisher of beautiful on line zines which you can download as pdfs. Take a look at Altered Alicia's library of BEAUTIFUL zines, and download them as well. And if you like free zines, I've uploaded all my FREE zines with Yudu!

No comments: