Sunday, March 14, 2010

This week's Collage Obsession challenge is up...



Collage by Lani with help from Elegia and Itkupilli.

This week's challenge is up, a beautiful old church and churchyard and the word is mirage. I looked up mirage in several on-line dictionaries and they say "mirage n. An optical phenomenon that creates an illusion..." where people see things that aren't there. At first I was stumped by this but then I started reminiscing about how my sisters and I would try to see ghosts in a variety of lovely old graveyards in various spots on this earth, and the youngest of us was actually able to see something which we couldn't see. A mirage, a ghost, or a wish? Thank you Elegia and Itkupilli for this fun little trip down memory lane!


14 comments:

Karen said...

Oh stunning!
Really beautiful!
Kx

Postcards from Glenys Mann said...

What a great interpretation... love how you have treated the image.

Elegia said...

Oh, you were quick! It's amazing how fantastic collage you created in such a short time, bravo!

Your collage is very spiritual too, I think. And yes, there's a mirage too.

I have to think again that word "Mirage". It's so clear in Finnish, so I didn't even think about much... eh, the translation and that the word mirage has so much meanings. But gladly we don't have so much rules and the interpretation is free :DD

Now I think I should go to get some sleep :) I am so glad you joined the challenge!

Kelly said...

gorgeous! love the winged angel!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Terrific presentation for this theme. Beautifully created.

Tuire Flemming said...

Wonderful! Love this!

Petite Paperie said...

This is so beautiful! I love the filters you used.

Lani Gerity said...

Thanks everyone!
This one was so neat the way it just kind of did itself after I remembered how we used to go looking for ghosts...

Lori Saul said...

A beautiful spirited piece- wonderful work!

Jeanne said...

very cool!!

wmnwrtr said...

Perfectly haunting!

Tant C said...

Gorgeous!!!

Jan said...

I love the story and the picture that you captured! Great entry! And great blog, too!

caramelle said...

it's very very beautiful and stunning. bravo
:)