Friday, May 07, 2010

Answering my own challenge, allowing for evolution...

 Collage by Lani, layers by SkeletalMess, Lumilyon, DozyStock, Jamie from Art-e-ology
and image from Pareeerica.

 I decided to answer my own challenge and look through the Art-e-ology blog, Free Image Tuesday a set on Flickr, Lumi's Textures, and a wonderful tutorial by SkeletalMess which I got to from GhostWorks and Pareeerica. So the angelic child and the tombstone came from Pareeerica's collection of graveyard images which she most generously shares.  She also had a link to the SkeletalMess tutorial, so that was my challenge, use a Lumi Texture, the Pareeerica image, the DozyStock texture, and combine it with the tutorial.  What fun!  Oh and the flower was mine.

3 comments:

Erika C. said...

You have posted so much great stuff to look up and I will follow up when I can. But here is something for you. I saw in my Art in America today that there is a show (maybe you already knew of this but if you didn't) at the Met in NYC. Well, it is over tomorrow. But you can probably still get the catalog. It is called "Playing with Pictures: THe Art of Victorian Photocollage."

Go look it up. It is right up your alley with Victorian women collaging as a way of exchanging calling cards and of playing a "one up womanship" game!

love,
Erika

Lani Gerity said...

Thank you Erika!!
The Met link is here and there's a book which you can read about at Amazon!

Lani Gerity said...

There's another great companion book to this exhibit that is written about on PaperWhimsy.  It looks really good!