Monday, May 17, 2010

The Fotoshop Fun Course is ready for participants!

A current favorite photoshop collage by Lani.

The eCourse for playing with photo manipulation programs is finished, the kinks are worked out, the "class room" is now ready for players, photographers, artists and non-linear learners.  Along with various Photoshop programs, we have been working with the share-ware (free) program gimp with great success.   The new course will be ready to begin on May 31.

My approach is definitely a bit non-linear.  I don't learn in a linear way, I love experimentation and play, so that is also the way I love to teach.  I have found plenty of good, solid, linear type tutorials and links for those who would like that too, so no worries.  One thing I have noticed in my exploration of various photo manipulation techniques is that if I find images I really like, the learning is much easier for me.  So that is the key to this course.  We will be using the images we love.  My intention with this course is that we get inspired by these images and that our inspiration will lead us to learn more about our various programs with greater ease. 

As part of the course we have a blog, a yahoo group which allows us to discuss our struggles and triumphs in real time, and we also have a flickr group where we can share images easily.  Hope to see you in the course really soon.  If you are interested there's a TOP SECRET discount button for blog readers over on the column to the right.  (The new Resilience Art class will be starting at the same time, so you can sign up for two for the price of one or just one for half price!)

"We wanted to drive a roadster and solve mysteries like Nancy Drew."  Collage by Lani, textures from Pareeerica and FlyPaper.   Created for the 54th Contest on Man Ray: Red Car!

3 comments:

Bill C. said...

I love the red car collage! It pops right out at you.

Lani Gerity said...

It was a very fun challenge!
Did you see Nancy Drew driving the car?

Furniture movers said...

That sounds really fun and exciting. Congratulations! That collage by Lani is beautiful.