Wednesday, May 12, 2010

More adventures, links, and the new Postgraduate Studies program...

"We wanted to drive a roadster and solve mysteries like Nancy Drew."  Collage by Lani, textures from Pareeerica and FlyPaper.   Created for the 54th Contest on Man Ray: Red Car!

"We all move on the fringes of eternity and are sometimes granted vistas through fabric of illusion. Many refuse to admit it: I feel a mystery exists. There are certain times, when, as on the whisper of the wind, there comes a clear and quiet realization that there is indeed a presence in the world, a nonhuman entity that is not necessarily inhuman." (Ansel Adams)

My adventures began with the newest issue of UPPERCASE, a really terrific, visually stunning, creative, fun magazine!   In it I discovered The Institute of You, a really cool concept that was Trish Papadakos's Masters thesis and is now a subscription service to help folks create their best life possible.  She focuses on balancing career and life, and on making them both vital and exciting.  Sounds pretty amazing.  So I thought I'd check out her blog (I love this image on her blog, where is it, I want to see it!), flickr site, and her twitter!  There is enough stimulation and inspiration there to last a very long time. 

So all this got me thinking, if I were to create my own Institute of You program for my own creating of my best life possible, what would it look like?  First of all it would be Post Graduate Studies of Us, and us would be the intersection of human and more than human world.  I want to learn to love the human and more than human world a little more every day.  That would be my goal and aim for my studies.  These studies would use art from beginning to end.  I would use any artful means to explore the connections between us.  I will use this blog to pursue my PostGraduate Studies of Us.  Thank you Trish Papadakos.

"Life is your art. An open, aware heart is your camera. A oneness with your world is your film. Your bright eyes, your easy smile is your museum." (Ansel Adams)

How would you structure an "institute of you" program?

No comments: