Sunday, May 30, 2010

Thinking about the bravest things we can do...

Collage by Lani with layers from Pareeerica.

Looking at the current Artful Blogging I was struck by Jeanne Oliver's article on the Brave Girl Camp.  Wow, what an absolutely terrific concept!  From the article I found my way to Melody Ross's blog, an inspiring blog full of bravery.  I loved it.

Here's Melody Ross's mantra:
"I believe in the goodness of others and of life... and in seeking for beauty and truth and fun and extreme bravery and unity.  And when I can't find it... I believe in going out and creating it."

Isn't that the most beautiful mantra?

So my questions for today, in my  "Postgraduate Studies" program, are "What kind of artist would you like to be?"  A very productive, brave, wildly creative, extreme artist.  "What brave act have you committed in the past to move yourself in that direction and what brave act will you commit today?"

"What small acts of encouragement will you commit for yourself and others?"

"What would you like more of in your life?"

"When you think about a brave life and brave art, what images come to mind?"

3 comments:

melody ross said...

Lani!
I love your blog, I love your art, I love your soul!!! I hope to meet you at Brave Girl Camp soon!
xoxo
melody ross

Lani Gerity said...

Thank you Melody!

barbarasaintjacques said...

awesome Lani....