Friday, June 11, 2010

Do you know the work of Dianne Bos?

"Pinhole weather" collage by Lani, Layers from Pareeerica and Colleen Farrel

I was looking at the pinhole work of Dianne Bos (if you don't know her work you are in for a treat!) and I wondered if I could get some of the same weird effects with Photoshop.  So here's what I did.  I duplicated the landscape a few times and ran the gaussian blur on one of them, the erased bits so that some of the landscape was a little blurry and some was sharp.  Then I added the layers from Pareeerica and Colleen Farrel, and then desaturated the whole thing so it looks fairly black and white.  The figure with the umbrella is a brush created from a rubber stamp by Tim Holtz.

2 comments:

Gena Hall Lumbroso said...

Lani, this is fantastic. I love it! Very masterfully executed.

Lani Gerity said...

Why thank you Gena!