Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Expect nothing...

 
Collage by Lani, and texture from Pareeerica (this one out of 1070) and FlyPaper
"Expect nothing.  Live frugally
on surprise."  -Alice Walker

I was walking in Burlington, Ontario last week and the day was maybe a little too hot, the water completely still because there was no breeze at all and I thought, "take a photo to play with textures".   I left the whinging frame of mind that said this is too hot, I'm not comfortable, and suddenly the day opened up.  The possibilities seemed as limitless as the sky and lake together.  It felt like vacation mind.  I was expecting nothing and enjoying every surprise that came my way.  It seems like such a simple task, expecting nothing, one that I just need to remember from time to time.  I'm sure it's a step towards creating brave, wildly creative, extreme art (see previous post).  In fact I'm sure this is the key to unlock that door that Anne Lamott talks about:

"If there is one door in the castle you have been told not to go through, you must"

Collage by Lani for Collage Obsession, textures from  Pareeerica and FlyPaper and image from Elegia and Itkupilli

No comments: