Wednesday, June 09, 2010

"Start with Why"


Prospero on our morning walk with textures from  Pareeerica and Flypaper Textures.

Continuing with my personal "Postgraduate Studies" program, I've given some thought to the question of "why" that Simon Sinek suggests we ask ourselves in "Start With Why", our driving motivation for action.  What is our passion for what ever it is we are doing.  The theory is when you identify the passion, then his two other questions become easier to answer.  The "how" becomes clearer, those specific actions that we need to take in order to realize our "why".  And then "what" would be the tangible ways in which you bring those "why's" to life, like blogging or sharing images and inspiration. 

And what is my passion?  My passion has something to do with this drive to create and explore the creative process.  I love talking to folks who buck the system and find new ways of doing things, their own ways, actually.  I love the bravery involved with discovering our "why's".  I love finding "passion and creativity" triggers, and sharing them as widely as possible.  I love the idea that some of the links and ideas shared here might cause unbridled creativity.  So this is my passion, to create, discover, and play with as many wonderful creativity triggers as possible and to document the process. 

One of my biggest triggers for creative expression is answering questions where the answers come from within.  The best way to answer questions in a way that might be most surprising would be to create art with the question in mind.  So to that end, I will now see how many of the 9 questions I posted on 14 Secrets I can answer with one image.  Here are the questions:

Who are you?  What do you love about where you live?  What might your perfect afternoon look like? If you had an hour alone in your studio/creative space, what would you do?  Right now, what are some of your favorite things? What foods nourish your soul?  When you simply need to take a breath and reground yourself, what do you do?  How do you nurture your creative dreams?  Does your heart have a secret wish you want to share?
 Here are the answers (or quite a few of them) in one image.
 I may try this again.  It is fun!

How would your answer or answers  look?

3 comments:

barbarasaintjacques said...

You look soooo happy.

Lani Gerity said...

Well, I can't deny it! Life is good here!

darlene aKa HugGeR said...

Love that you used a collage for the answer to many questions....very nice.

Now onto the prior post "WHY, our driving motivation for action.Of course I had to ponder this...." My why or passion is about growth, grow thru art, life, relationships.
I love your why!