Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Is magic following you?

Comfort List Collage by Lani, textures from ShadowHouseCreations, girl from PaperWhimsy
(at the end of a lovely puzzle)

"Life just turns deliciously quirky when you stop resisting yourself and, instead, honor the intuition that tugs at you like a puppy on a leash in the park. Follow the magic and magic starts to follow you."
Tama J. Kieves 

My but there's an awful lot of magic out there!   After moving house and finding myself in a great art space (no worries, I'm still in Prospect, Nova Scotia, just a little higher above the high tide mark, with better water and somewhat more protection from the more intense weather) I discovered I was a little bit tired and not feeling the magic.  And maybe it's not burnout exactly, but more of a need to reflect a bit on how or what works for optimal creativity and joy.  Good thing I'm working on my "Postgraduate Studies" program and this kind of reflection is part of the program.

In Kelly Rae's "Flying Lessons" ecourse there was some attention paid to burnout and stepping back to reflect on things.  She had a great list of things she does to counter burnout, such a nice list, and I'm thinking the creation of the list is a good idea!  She also had some great links to friends' blogs which I really enjoyed!  For example, the idea for this collage came from Katherine Center's blog and book "Get Lucky".  Fantastic material here!  And then there's Kelly Rae's friend Andrea's blog Hula Seventy.  It's just full of great lists, photography and fantastic ideas.  One being getting a band of guerrilla artists together to spread some joy.  Check it out.

 Are you starting to feel the magic?  I am.  There's more.  Paperwhimsy had a great four part puzzle which, when you finally solved it, you found great treasure, like the image of this little girl for one thing.   And then being involved with several great flickr groups, I find I'm developing a passion for Jerry Jones in all of his incarnations!  What a creative and generous artist!  He makes the most amazing "Layers for Texture" for photoshop users, and they are very beautiful all on their own!  But then when you use them as textures, things really start to look amazing!  Here's his Shadowhouse Creations blog, his SkeletalMess page on Flickr, and finally here's GhostBones.  Have fun!

Want a little more magic?  There's my new facebook page: Lani's 14 Secrets, where I post inspiration and links that I stumble on for my "Postgraduate Studies" program.  This page comes with a warning: the contents may trigger many good things!  It is my hope to share good, creativity inducing websites and ideas.  So, here's a link from that page for font lovers. Interested in creating your own handwriting font? http://www.yourfonts.com/print.html   I decided to try it out, myself, and actually created the text in the above collage with my own font.  Cool, no?

Don't turn around, magic is following you!
                                
Dralion in his happy Shadowhouse Creations texture.

No comments: