Sunday, September 05, 2010

Classes starting this week!

Just a reminder here, that both "Fotoshop Fun" and "Resilience, Transformation, and Art" are starting up this week.  The kids are going back to school and so am I.  I love learning and I love teaching, too.  So I think I'll just keep on doing both for as long as I possibly can!

Resilience, Transformation, and Art is my little home art spa course. Have you ever been to a spa that has gentle lighting, sweet natural scents, kind staff, and pleasant, meditative music? All your senses are treated to a restorative experience. That is what the idea behind this course, learning to create a restorative, kind, and creative environment for ourselves and those around us. Does that sound like a good idea? Sign up now, it's never too late for resilience.


Fotoshop Fun is a totally different kind of class.  It's all about learning through fun, for any photo manipulation program including various Adobe programs as well as the share-ware (free) program gimp.   Because it is "learning through fun", my approach may be a bit non-linear.  I don't learn in a linear way, I love experimentation and play, so that is also the way I love to teach.  I have found plenty of good, solid, linear type tutorials to which I'll link you to, when the need arises.  One thing I have noticed in my exploration of various photo manipulation techniques is that if I find images I really like, the learning is much easier for me.  So that is the key to this course.  We will be using the images we love.  My intention with this course is that we get inspired by these images and that our inspiration will lead us to learn more about our various programs with greater ease.  So far, so good.

As part of the course we have a blog, a yahoo group which allows us to discuss our struggles and triumphs in real time, and we also have a flickr group where we can share images easily.  Hope to see you in the course really soon.  If you are interested there's a TOP SECRET discount button for blog readers over on the column to the right.  (This applies for the Resilience Art class too, so you can sign up for two for the price of one or just one for half price!)

4 comments:

madelincwolf said...

Hi Lani,
I am the winner of your Fotoshop fun class. I left a comment on the Creativity Classes blog to thank you and find out what's next. I am fairly new at this blogging stuff, so pardon my ignorance. I want to thank you for the giveaway opportunity to take the class. I hope to hear from you soon to find out what I have to do to participate.

Lani Gerity said...

Hi Madelin,
I left an email for you a while back on your hot mail account.
If you have another preferred email, let me know (also check your spam filter). Thanks,
Lani (lanipuppetmaker at mac dot com)

Patti said...

oh, man, you mean I didn't win?! I will take this when I know I will be able to commit the time - I SO LOVE what you do in photoshop!!

btw, did you 'see' my reason for joining the 14 Secrets project??

Lani Gerity said...

Yes, indeed, wonderful photo! Very, extreme K.A.!