Thursday, January 20, 2011

"Snapshots from your life" challenge

Prospero in the snow, layers and textures from Kim Klassen,


I've been playing with a little point and shoot camera, to try to capture small moments in the day.  It started off as a way for distant family members to share their days in a simple way, shoot a few pictures and send in an email.  But then I discovered that I was actually looking for things to take pictures of, and thinking about sharing these little enjoyable moments, and what I discovered was that my enjoyment of that moment was enhanced exponentially.  I discovered there was no where else on earth that I wanted to be so much as right here, right now.   And that's a great thing to discover.

So here's the challenge; as you go through your day either literally pull out iphone, or point and shoot camera, or journal, and document the small but delightful moments and find some way to share them.

Connor tells a joke, layers and textures from FlyPaper Textures , and  Kim Klassen.

27lb. squash from the farmers' market.  Layers and textures from FlyPaper Textures  and  Kim Klassen.

 
 Another of Prospero in the snow.   Layers and textures from Kim Klassen.

Flat calm.  Texture from Kim Klassen,

No where I'd rather be...

...then right here, right now!

6 comments:

Zura said...

Okay, I'm going to try this. I love the idea, just hope I can remember to do it everyday. Love your photos!!

Lani Gerity said...

Thank you, Zura!

Bill said...

What a joy to see these pictures, especially because work has been so trying this week. The wood burning stove automatically makes me feel more peaceful.

Lani Gerity said...

Thanks Bill, you can come visit my wood burning stove anytime you like! Sorry about work. BOE stuff?

Judy Thomas said...

Lovely compositions and I LOVE your use of textures!
Aren't textures fun???????
I could play with textures in Photoshop all day, all night, and in the spaces in between.

Lani Gerity said...

Oh, yes, love those textures, Judy!