Friday, July 15, 2011

Back from Washington DC

"Lifting the Veil" collage by Lani

What an amazing time in DC!  The Dalai Lama was in town, so the streets were filled with many blissed-out Buddhists, my favorite kind of people!  We had a super time at the National Portrait Gallery, looking at some amazing self-taught art.  I wish I could have stayed longer in the Asian and African Galleries.  Oh my, so much lovely visual stimulation.   Susan Anand and my presentation went very well, no technical or any other kind of problems thank goodness, just that the room was too small for all the folks that wanted to be there.  I'm working on a zine for all who may be interested in the ideas so if you didn't make it into the room, no worries.

I'll also be presenting some of this material at the Expressive Therapies Summit in NYC in November, in an all day puppet, book, and story making workshop.  Should be an awesome conference.  You can find the course listed on Sunday the 13 of November.  Register early!  Want a free paper puppet template?  Click here!

Paper Puppets in NYC

No comments: