Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Getting ready to present "Learning to Love Us More Every Day"

"The Curious Vagabond" Collage by Lani

Susan Anand and I will be presenting our intercultural adventures in Mississippi and looking at resilience strategies that are helpful in life in general, but how focusing on them can create moments where cultural barriers can lift, those lovely "moments of gift" that Peter O'Conner talks about.

The slides are finished, the paper is printed out, I believe I'm as ready as I can be.  I'll be bringing some altered dolls (more shipwrecked doll babies), journals, and jewelry.  I'm excited, and hope to see you there!

My aunt and uncle and some other missionary kids with their Ah-ma.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Sounds fascinating! Wish I could be there. I love the slide with little you in it.

Janet McLeod said...

Enjoy, also wish I could be there. :-)
Janet