Sunday, August 07, 2011

Chester Art Fair

Shipwrecked Doll by Lani
Back from the Chester Art Fair which was a lot of fun.  I had new Shipwrecked Dolls and Pirates Loot (jewelry) featured and enjoyed looking around at all the other artists work.  Shared a tent with my good friend Joan from Tide Dancer Jewelry Designs.  The sun was sparkling and the temperature was lovely.  It was a beautiful day. And it got better!
2 Shipwrecked Dolls by Lani
I met Gilbert van Ryckevorsel who had a booth with some beautiful stone carvings and under water photography. He seemed quite interested in the Shipwrecked Dolls and then told me about some real shipwrecked dolls he had found near my home in Prospect.  They are living quite happily in the ocean with rock algae and coral, and the occasional monk fish.  After the show he sent photos of his underwater dolls and said I could post here.  I can imagine all kinds of possibilities for stories about how they got to be where they are and who they belonged to.  I can also see I need to work a little more on my dolls to get the authentic look.   Have a look and let your imagination play!
 Gilbert van Ryckevorse's photos of real shipwrecked dolls!
 Gilbert van Ryckevorse's photos of real shipwrecked dolls!
 Gilbert van Ryckevorse's photos of monkfish which is guarding the dolls!

4 comments:

Bill said...

Very cool! Very eerie! I love the pictures.

Lani Gerity said...

Maybe there's a whole world down there!

I loved the magical coincidence.

barbarasaintjacques said...

Mermaids must play with them to keep them from being lonely.

Lani Gerity said...

I hope so!