Saturday, May 12, 2012

FlyPaper Textures is at it again, Oh My!

Mysterious early photography (love that kid in the back row, middle) with a bit of FlyPaper Textures added.
Edward on mysterious Prospect path in the fog with dogs and FlyPaper Textures.
Almost every morning I take the camera out when we walk the dogs,  and if it's foggy (we are getting into fog season now), I'm delighted because I can get some lovely painterly effects with my FlyPaper Textures!   So of course I'm always eager to learn about what's next at FlyPaper!  Well I hit the jack pot yesterday!  They have new little set from Bonny Pierce Lhotka that can be used alone or blended with some of the regular textures.  These are web sized at 72 dpi and are  1750 by 1400, they’re intended for use in web publishing.

I discovered in the material that you can read about these textures that there's this awesome way of flipping through a bunch of textures to find the ones that work best.  Try adding them to the Russell Brown’s Flypaper Texture panel !  (I didn't even know that there was such a thing, but I sure know it now, lol.)

Do be sure to read the FlyPaper Textures Blog for more information about layering and other cool stuff!

Morning pages collage and new texture from FlyPaper Textures.

Several texture layers from FlyPaper Textures on an old tintype image.
Nice subtle effects with textures fromFlyPaper Textures.


1 comment:

paulgrand said...

Fab, thanks for the mention! :-)