Thursday, September 20, 2012

Art journaling, the doorway...

Found: Doorway by Lani (with help from FlyPaper Textures )
 Every morning I sit down with my paper, images, glue sticks, pens and see what emerges.  Usually the image is a total surprise.  The morning I did this one, the idea of "What gets us up in the morning" was still at play.  An important piece of "what gets me up in the morning" is gratitude.  I am very grateful to have had all the teachers that I had in my life.   Their generosity and kindness helped me uncover the doorway to my own art making, my own joy, and happiness.  Thank you all so much!   If I can pass on a tiny bit of what I have learned, how lovely that would be!  (And thank you FlyPaper Textures  for the finishing touches, you guys are awesome.)

So if I could only teach one thing it would be to be as generous with others as you can be.  The world is often a sad place and we all need more good things, more kindness in our lives.   The best way to find good things and kindness is to create them!  
A perfect whole by Lani (with  help from FlyPaper Textures )

5 comments:

Inner Artist said...

Thank you for that beautiful reminder, Lani. I'm currently in New Mexico (from Australia) and am so grateful for the "generosity and kindness" of the people here and the wonderful experiences I'm having, not least of which is the fabulous art. Oh, and hanging out with my little three and a half-year-old granddaughter, which, of course, is the most magical experience of all!

Lani Gerity said...

Ohhhh, enjoy hanging out with the granddaughter and in New Mexico... love that magical place!

gretchenmiller said...

thank you. I love this post. -gretchen

Theresa said...

You have wonderful artwork!

Lani Gerity said...

Thank you Theresa and Gretchen!