Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Letters of Courtesy, Friendship, and Affection

"Letters of Courtesy, Friendship, and Affection" Collage by Lani with old tintype and digital ephemera
I am working on a couple of illustrations for essays having to do with facing loss, accepting grief, and learning to love our ephemeral and changing natures a little more every day.  When I read the prompts (very moving essays) and as I began to work with these ideas with images, I discovered once again that grief and loss, when faced and even honored, have many gifts to give us. 

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

MrCachet said...

I'll be back to visit again. I'm here via Seth, and although I try to visit the featured artists, it doesn't always happen.

The New Textures Alert post caught my eye. Great piece, but I came because of the words you chose to describe your Favorite!

I got a bonus!

amy of four corners design said...

coming over from Seth's as well...your images are haunting and inviting...I will be back for more...