Friday, December 14, 2012

Play your way through the holidays!

‘Work and play are words used to describe the same thing under differing conditions.’ – Mark Twain 

Collage play on iPad by Lani
I suspect during the pressures of the holidays we tend to forget to play, and I also suspect that PLAY is a huge element in this soon to be created "Instruction Manual for a Miraculous Occasion".  I've read that "Google" is as effective and creative as they are because the engineers spend one day of their work week at play, they work on their own inventive ideas during those days and of course that's when the miraculous occurs.  So add 20% (at least) of your own play time in all your preparations and see what happens.  Feel free to post results here.

‘We don’t stop playing because we grow old [or get stressed]; we grow old [and feel completely stressed] because we stop playing.’ – George Bernard Shaw  (stuff in brackets added by me)

Collage play on iPad by Lani

3 comments:

Patti said...

Your 'play' is magnificent, I love the color, the seamless yet richness of depth and detail in your pieces.
And your words are an encouragement. Living with a chronic illness that makes me so tired and I can deal with the pain, but the mental confusion and isolation are difficult during the holidays. I've had to let go of so many things I find myself wondering what it is I'm hanging on to. Then I see faces of family and friends and remember that love is the core of this season (Christmas or Hanukkah,whatever is celebrated), and decide that I will create a gift for someone I love. Thanks for the reminder about play and I hope you are blessed in every way. xo

Lani Gerity said...

Thank you Patti, and bless you!

Seth said...

Stunning work...and on the iPad too. Very impressive!