Friday, January 18, 2013

Links, Ideas, and Authors

"#5. Make Time For Daily Bliss" collage by Lani with textures from FlyPaper  
There are some links, ideas and authors that have been introduced in Breaking the Habit Code eCourse which could bear further exploration.  I want to get them down now so that I can come back to this at any time and explore.

Roy F. Baumeister has written and researched "will-power" or "self regulation" for quite a while.  Here's a nice article on his research on glucose, the brain, and will-power.  And his books Handbook of Self-Regulation: Research, Theory, and Applications  and Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength look to be very useful! 

Kelly McGonigal has also written about will power and also about yoga and pain relief.  She has a great web page with lots of downloadable articles here, and a video that takes you through her ideas and a lot of fascinating research.  Also she has a whole blog full of ideas right here in Psychology Today!  Wow!

Another person to look out for is BJ Fogg and his "3 Tiny Habits" website and eCourse.  This is an amazingly deceptively simple concept which is in actuality pretty mind blowing and life changing.  He also has his Behavior Model website which is worth a peek.

The Heath brothers, Dan and Chip, have a website full of information and what look like some good books as well.  Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard is (of course) all about changing habits, which before taking Christine Carter's eCourse I thought was so hard, silly me!  So although Christine's eCourse is winding up this week, I suspect that the changes new little tiny habits that I've put into place and will continue to tweak and grow, will be with me for a long, long time. 

Thank you Christine Carter!

3 comments:

Bill said...

I made a post on my blog in your honor. :O) http://wjcsdigitalworld.blogspot.com/

Merrikate said...

Thank, Lani for assembling this resource for us to be going on with after the 21st. (~ Kit)

Lani Gerity said...

Why thank you Bill and Kit, I'll probably add more to this page as I find research. It's an amazing eye opening subject!