Sunday, February 10, 2013

Working on a "Training the Elephant" eZine

Collage by Lani
I have had the best time with this "Training the Elephant" metaphor and all of the links and research  Christine Carter included in her eCourse "Breaking the Habit Code" (which you can read about here).  I initially took Christine's course to develop my morning routine, to fine tune it and make it more inspiring somehow.  Winter can get a bit bleak here in Nova Scotia, and it seems to go on a lot longer than it should, even with climate change.  Any way, I thought why not up the creativity quotient and ask my winter blahs or blues to exit ASAP.   What I found was that I did indeed fine tune my morning routine, I did discover loads more energy, and I started having way more fun with my  morning pages.  Not that I didn't have fun before, but I started posting them every morning on Facebook and Instagram, so these social networking sites became a part of my daily practice.  And of course these two sites have the possibility for positive feedback, which is something we humans (both the trainer mind and the elephant mind) really enjoy.

So it seems like an eZine with art directives and ideas for creating your own daily creativity practice might be just the thing.  Stay tuned!

4 comments:

gretchenmiller said...

Yes! So glad you are putting this all into an e-zine...

Judith said...

Lani, I can't thank you enough for all ou have been doing with tiny habits etc. I to signed up and that has lead me on such an exciting journey which is still going, so thank you.
I was hoping you would do something with it, and will be signing up whatever you decide to do.
I really appreciate following along with you, going to the links, what fun, what EXCITMENT, it has been so great. The journey continues, WONDERFL

Bill said...

I would love to see all of your elephant art in a zine!

Gena Lumbroso said...

This sounds promising Lani... I wondered when you were going to come up with a new course or zine ;) It has been a while, hehe!