Monday, March 02, 2015

#113 out of a thousand ways to have a happy artist's life - Daily doses of smallish art

"The Mystery of Creativity"  collage by Lani, textures by FlyPaper.
 The thing about art is that it really can make all the difference between an existence and a life of wonder and joy.  Part of my daily dose of fun includes creating a collage before breakfast, fiddling with it digitally and then posting on FaceBook and now LinkedIn (because they need more art there!).  I advocate doing this because some days I can sure use a little reminder.  Some days (especially THIS endless winter) are just a little, er, less than marvelous. 

Of course I KNOW life has endless winters and difficult times.  Plastering over the "bad stuff" really doesn't do anything.  I do know this.  So every day a little quiet time with art and building up strengths and resilience, playing with collage, color, layers, textures and text are a way for me to cope with the shadow times and a way to celebrate the joyful times, as well.

For this collage, I was picking out words that resonated and trying different combinations.  This is the sentence that popped up, "The Mystery of Creativity is Wild, Free, and in Us!"  And of course it is!  And because of that our possibilities are pretty wide open and they really are ours.  Just take a little time every day to work on them. 

Wow, this totally makes me happy and it's a nice inner satisfaction kind of happy, an internal reward.  Better than chocolate.  Way better.

No comments: