Sunday, March 29, 2015

#114 out of a thousand ways to have a happy artist's life - Boost your nutritional neurochemistry! Awesome!

"Shimmering"  collage by Lani, textures by FlyPaper.
This morning I woke up to yet another huge fresh pile of SNOW, dumped down with no regard to the fact that it's already spring, the end of March.  I could get a little depressed.  But instead I listened to this interview from Rick and Jan Hanson. It's part of the Foundations of Well-Being program, but offered freely here.  She covers diet, vitamins, laboratory testing (and how to think about the results), and practical physiologically-oriented interventions for better sleep and mood that don’t require medications. Of course I was also working on my "morning pages."  So I did my art while enjoying this fun, wonderful, and hope filled interview.

2 comments:

Jan Morrison said...

Hi Lani - your ole friend Jan Morrison here. I was cruising around for some reason (serendipity?) and came upon your site. I've been reading a lot about resiliency lately and just recently got a book called Bouncing Back by Linda Graham - think you'd like it a lot.
I'm working in Sheshatshiu at a treatment centre for aboriginal families so you can imagine that resiliency is a huge topic here. Ron and I will be in Nova Scotia for a couple of weeks in June but my job lasts until the end of March (and hopefully Ron will get his contract again at the college). Hope you are all fine and I was thinking about your lovely crazy dogs the other day as I was reading a book that mentioned them.

Lani Gerity said...

We are all great, well, more or less great. Bruzzi is struggling a bit with dementia and night terrors, but with a little pharmaceutical we are all coping. Lets go for a walk when you are here in June! This month, yeah!!!